November 20, 2020|7:00 pm
You’re invited to the Texas Big Top – a new outdoor performance space on the Bass Concert Hall Plaza. To kick off public shows under the tent, we invited Austin composer and bandleader Graham Reynolds to put together a series of concerts with artists who are inspiring him right now. We’re calling it Texas Mixtape, and we hope to see you (from a social distance of course) for this wide-ranging artist’s perspective. Masks are required for staff and attendees during the event. Capacity is very limited and tickets will be sold in “pods” of 2 seats for $20 per pod. A distanced seating arrangement provides a minimum of 6 feet between each pod of seats. Sanitization stations will be available at all entrances, under the tent, and inside the Bass Concert Hall restrooms. Additional health and safety details are provided below. Music in the Morning: The Brannen Temple ElecTriO with Bobby Sparks and James Robinson - FOX 7 Austin Notes about the series from Graham Reynolds: "Mixtapes are my roots, they’re the way I love to listen, bouncing from one style to another, creating meaning through new contexts. Growing up, they were a way to share a part of yourself with others. This series is a mix of several of my favorite musicians working in Austin and around Texas, many of whom I’ve been lucky enough to work with, artists who inspire and excite me. In the spirit of this new Texas Big Top venue, experimenting and discovering its role in this pandemic era of the Austin music scene, I’ve asked the players to stretch themselves, playing with musicians they’re either just getting to know or perhaps have never played with before. It’s our good fortune to listen and watch them discover what they have to say to each other and us with their music. An audio experiment for us all to dive into together. " November 20 Brannen Temple with Bobby Sparks and James Robinson "Brannen is my favorite kind of artist: one who has a deep sense of craft mixed with a spirit of curiosity and exploration. No show is ever the same and you watch him make choices in the moment, taking you where he wants to go that evening. This new trio is at the beginning of their music making together, allowing the listener to hear their first ideas and musical conversations." COVID-19 Health and Safety Information and Guidelines What to expect:
- Everyone (2 years and older) must wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth while in our event spaces.
- Our outdoor tent capacity is very limited. Tickets are sold in “pods” for up to two people. There will be a minimum of 6 foot spacing between each pod of seats.
- Social distancing markers will be placed at the venue entry.
- All tickets will be sold online at texasperformingarts.org and be delivered via email for mobile contactless entry.
- Sanitization stations will be available at all entrances, under the tent, and inside the Bass Concert Hall restrooms.
- Food and beverages will not be offered for sale. You may bring in a water bottle (no glass) and remove your mask to consume your beverage only while in your designated seating pod.
- Restrooms will be available in the Bass Concert Hall lobby.
- You conscientiously practice social distancing, frequently wash hands, use hand sanitizer, and wear a face covering as required.
- If you are not feeling well or have been in close contact with someone you suspect may be infected, please stay home and contact your doctor. You may contact the Ticket Office at 512.471.1444 or email@example.com by your performance time to request a credit.
- Be prepared to scan your mobile tickets at our free-standing pedestal ticket scanners.
- At the end of the performance, please listen for timed exit instructions.
- If a performance is postponed or canceled, ticketholders will be offered a choice of refund, a credit for future use, or the opportunity to donate the value of the tickets to Texas Performing Arts.
LocationBass Concert Hall Plaza
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.